I left school early yesterday....(is 3pm considered early on a marking day?) to collect my plaque from poroseal.
I did not make any of these plaques when I got my degree because I think it's a waste of money as mine isnt a FIRST CLASS HONOURS degree so it isnt worth making.
Neither did I make any for my Postgraduate Diploma In Education (PGDE). I just do not see the value in making one of these plaques.
But I changed my mind when I was doing my masters degree. I told all my close friends that I will make a plaque this time. They laughed at my chidlish suggestion and even suggested building a shrine to house the plaque. haha!
This plaque not only commemorates my 30 months struggle with work and studies, it also celebrates my success in achieving the masters degree against all odds.
It is a testimony of my tears & joy.
This plaque reminds me of all my late afternoon scramble to NIE, my late sleepless nights with unfinished assignments, my burnt weekends and all the encouragements I have received from all my friends during this period.
This plaque means more to me than an ordinary block of wood on the wall.
I'm glad I made it!
No comments:
Post a Comment