Movie : Facing the Giants
I was especially touched and inspired when I stumbled onto this movie clip to the extent that I teared after watching the clip.
Yes, I teared!
I was suprised as I am a very hardy person who do not cry easily.
In fact I can't remember when was the last time I cried.
I was truly touched!
The story focuses on Coach Grant Taylor (played by writer, director, and Sherwood associate pastor Alex Kendrick), whose Shiloh Christian Academy football team hasn't had a winning season in six years. After losing a star player to another team, things are looking down for the Shiloh Eagles, and school board members begin to consider disbanding the team.
I can personally relate to the personal struggles of the High School Football Coach Grant Taylor. I can understand his anguish when his team lose hope and gave up on him.
As a teacher, I see myself as a coach who leads a team of students waiting for their final race.
I discipline you when you misbehaved.
I lead you back onto the right path when you strayed.
I cheer you on when you lost hope.
I know all of you are stressed and emotionally tired, so am I.
You may have not done so well during the semi finals but not all is lost.
Brace yourself up for the real fight.
Tell yourself that I'm a winner. I can achieve anything I put my mind to provided I put in what it takes to achieve my goal. Despite obstacles along the way, I will persevere!
Remember, Keep going, keep going, don't quit on me.
Do your very best. Keep going, don't stop.
Never Never give up on me!
No comments:
Post a Comment