Friday, May 25, 2007

Meet The Parents



It's a tiring but a fruitful day. I spent 12 hours in school meeting all parents.
I'm really deflated at the end of the day.
I get to meet up with most of your parents and have exchange with them, through our conversation I have a better understanding of you as a person.

I hope I gave a true reflection of your behaviour in class **wink wink**

Lets not brood over what's done or not done!
You should reflect on what you have done right and think about what you should have done but didn't.

Both your parents & teachers are doing all that we can to provide support for you in this difficult times.

Yes, I understand that this is a difficult period but please remember that all the 16-yr old kids all over the world are going through this and you should not be an exception.

You blame the school for all the long remedial, numerous homework, long hours in school.
You blame the school and teachers for your bad results.
You blame the poor ventilation in the hall, heat the classroom for causing you to doze off during exams and lessons.
You blame your friends for distracting you during lessons.
You blame MSN, the computer, TV for taking away your time.

Have you ever thought what will happen if we didn't made you stay back in school to do extra lessons when self discipline is an issue?
Have you ever thought about the long hours teachers have to put in to prepare the so called extra lessons for all of you?
Have you thought of the extra time we have to put in to mark those mock exams, assignments, test that you are sitting?
Have you thought what is going to happen if we did not make you try to practise concentrating in the afternoon when majority of your GCE "O" level papers are conducted in the afteroon?

You scream when you are experiencing this devilish schedule for merely a year,
what about teachers who are repeating this process for every year of their life?
The more time we spend on you, we are actually spending lesser time with our family and loved ones.
Did we complain?

You may not understand why we are doing this for all of you now.
You may not even remember us after you receive your GCE "O" level results.


It doesn't really matter to the teachers.
We just want to send you off properly to the post-secondary institution of your choice and hope that you have your dreams realised.

That's the dreams of every teacher because every child matters.

No comments: